Jo, Olivia and Rosa

Jo, Olivia and Rosa

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Video and general tips....

I have uploaded a video onto youtube of how to make a thick consistency leek and potato soup.  You can find it here....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbzsJowqMwM&feature=youtu.be

If you have any comments or questions don't hesitate to comment either here on my blog or on the video, and I will do my best to answer.


Main findings and tips from my week so far:


  • Between cooking your food, and having prepared each ingredient, it is likely to have lost alot of temperature.  I would therefore recommend that you either keep the plate in the (switched off but warm) oven, or microwave the food for 2-3 minutes before eating it.  
  • Although some of the food might not look particularly appetizing,  it can still taste great.
  • Stronger tasting food seems to be better, as food tends to lose some taste as it is blended.  
  • Adding cheese improves fast and texture (especially good if you're on a fortified diet.)
  • Both sweet and normal potatoes blend well and taste great.  They also pipe easily so can be made to look good 
  •   Fruity or chocolatey drinks are the best when thickened. 
  • Definitely allow more time for the preparating and serving of food and drink.   These meals have taken me double the normal amount of time to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment