Jo, Olivia and Rosa

Jo, Olivia and Rosa

Thursday 30 October 2014

Day 3...

Half way through our 5 days on a modified diet.

Breakfast:
Readybrek with Nutella.

As I said yesterday, I really enjoy having readybrek for breakfast, it is hot and it fills me up. I mixed it with nutella (chocolate and hazelnut spread) today, after a recommendation from a friend, and loved it! But then again, that isnt a surprise, as I am a self professed chocaholic. For some people this may be too sweet.

Lunch:
Butternut Squash Soup

This was lovely, as it is something that I often eat for lunch during autumn/winter. I actually bought this soup in a carton from my local super market, to save time during my busy lecture schedule. This might be a good way to take lunch with you to work, as many offices have a microwave you can use.

The main thing to note if you're going to do this, is that you must either buy smooth soup, or blend it until it is smooth. You must also be aware of the consistency, and add commercial thickener or cornflour where necessary (as I had to).

*NOTE: soup must be at least as thick as the fluids you have been recommended to drink

Dinner:
Vegetable Tikka Curry & Rice   (thick puree consistency)


This was a very satisfying meal. Because the curry had such a strong flavour, I took much less notice of the consistency.   Make sure not to add too much water when you're making the curry, so that it doesn't become too thin when you blend it (otherwise it will be necessary to add thickener or cornflour)  I used a curry paste instead of a jar of sauce.
The rice blended easily with a splash of milk but was very hot so be careful not to burn yourself
I served the curry on top of the rice so that i could eat them mixed (as the rice was quite bland).
I would also recommend serving with a table spoon of smooth mango chutney (you could blend some or buy the squirty tube).

*NOTE:  Using a garnish to improve presentation is fine. But do NOT eat it!


Desert/Snack: 
Banana, Chocolate and Peanut butter Chill


I blended two and a half  semi-frozen, sliced bananas with 3 desert spoons of peanut butter and 50g of dark chocolate. I added a small amount of thickener (but this might not be necessary) and placed it in the fridge to chill for a few hours,

This is a high protein snack that contains one portion of your daily fruit and veg.  It is also really tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment