Jo, Olivia and Rosa

Jo, Olivia and Rosa

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Introductions....

I am a Speech and Language Therapy student in my 3rd year of study at De Montfort University.   I am very passionate about my chosen profession, and am keen to raise awareness about our role, and the people we support. 
I believe that if society as a whole is more aware of communication and swallowing disorders, the difficulties that our clients can face on a daily basis would be greatly reduced, and there is likely to be better support available.

What is speech and language therapy (SLT)?
Speech and language therapists are allied health professionals who work with both children and adults to diagnose and manage disorders of speech, language, communication and swallowing.
Please visit the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy, for more information:
  http://www.rcslt.org/speech_and_language_therapy/what_is_an_slt

No comments:

Post a Comment